The Second edition of Street Food Market takes over by Abu Dhabi every Friday & Saturday, for first two weekends of May. We visited Du Forum on May 5th where it was transformed into a food haven serving mouthwatering options by some of the city’s best street vendors. Street food market – Yas will run during the second weekend of the month too i-e on May 12 & 13, 12pm to 12 am at Du Forum on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
Myself along with the family have experienced the culinary fun with a twist in this Abu Dhabi series too featuring some of the city’s homegrown food pop-ups and food trucks in an urban outdoor setting. This fun-filled place is equally exciting with loads of kids & adult skill games, Hoola hooping, mechanical bull ride and much more. My kids literally enjoyed their time from inflated castle till some Face painting fun.
If you are looking for opportunities to break into Abu Dhabi’s extremely competitive F&B Market, here’s an event which may well help you get your foot in the door or reinforce your rep. There will be something for everyone in food options that includes a delicious variety right from the fusion dishes, revisited burgers and hotdogs, pasta & risotto & lots to mention.
Du Forum as a venue is added advantage as the place is outdoor but yet under the dome, and you won’t feel the harsh sun or humidity during the late evening. It has vibrant vibes by live band artist performance. Plus all this will be accompanied by beats from a set of local DJs who will be mixing lounge, funk, reggae & hip hop. The idea behind this concept is to select the one amateur chef per night and have them work with their team to bring their creations to the hundreds of visitors expected to attend.
In food the venue is Offering al fresco dining experience, featuring around 20 home-grown food kiosks serving fusion cuisines and authentic food from all over the world. TACOS, famous Japanese Cake, Sushi from Moshi. Dosa sliders, colorful nachos with dips and those yummy popsicles are few amongst many items we explored from following kiosks / food trucks.
- Calle Tacos – providing fresh and authentic Mexican cuisine to locals and tourists who are looking for a taste of Mexico in the big city. Customers will find an actual taco truck where the food is prepared and served truck windows that open to the street, and a small seating area. It features a variety of traditional Mexican fare including burritos, nachos, quesadillas, and of course, tacos.
- Casa Latina –Latin American cuisine, highly influenced by Venezuelan flavors
- Shawarma Station – offers fresh and rich flavors with revisited wholesome foods where vegans and all round food lovers can eat at the same place. it serves Shawarma, a wide array of salads, and gourmet toasted sandwiches, hot dogs, and crepes. Gluten free and dairy free options available.
- Mastiha Café – Serves the Milkshakes, Ice cream made of mastic (natural & rare tree resin) which is used as the first chewing gum & as a cooking spice. They even serve the Baklava with Ice Cream
- Keki Japanese Bakery – Serving all Japanese Cakes & pasteurizes.
- Soul Food – serving American fast food like fried chicken & fries.
- Moshi – Fusion Makis, Sushi made of Cheesy Chips Oman and chicken, Falafel filled with Hummus
Street Food Market Yas is the latest creation of cultural entrepreneurs explaining the Street Food market as:
“We are excited to have the second series of an innovative concept tailored for Abu Dhabi’s food-savvy communities, offering a “free-spirited” outdoor event for families, where talented food pop-up and food truck vendors are encouraged to surprise and amaze our guests with delicious creations. Street Food Market Yas will feature an urban setting, offering a unique experience ideal for those who love to go to off the beaten track.”
Street Food Market Yas is bringing together homegrown food concepts aiming to rise up amidst big franchises in the UAE. It is offering an ultimate urban setting experience with authentic food, house beverages, kids’ entertainment, music and live performances. Street Food Market is a great opportunity to explore for the food lovers in the Capital. Get your family and friends along and head to Street Food Market Yas for a fun day out!!
Organized by events management company Core ME, Street Food Market – Yas! Du Forum is open to families of all ages and entry is free.